after school care
We know the workday doesn't always end at the same time the school bell rings. Therefore, Kerr County YMCA now offers care for the children after school at all the Kerrville Independent School District elementary campuses. Registering for this program would allow for your child to remain at the school they attend all day until you are able to pick them up by 5:30 p.m.
- Serving children Kindergarten - 6th grades
- On-site care at Nimitz, Starkey, Tally and Tom Daniels Elementaries. In the fall of 2016, we added BT Wilson to our afterschool program.
- Program Hours of Operation: Monday- Friday, from school dismissal until 5:30 p.m.
- All YMCA staff receive extensive training, including CPR and First Aid
- We collaborate with Big Brothers Big Sisters, Boy Scouts of America, and Girls Scouts of America, giving your child the opportunity to participate in these programs
- We also offer full-day care during the Summer Holidays, Winter Break, and Spring Break
Activities & Program Components
- Nutritional snack & 100% fruit juice served daily
- Homework assistance
- Enrichment activities
- Group games
- Outdoor fun
- Arts & Crafts
- Much, much MORE!!
- Registration Fee: $50 per family
- Monthly Rate: $175 per child Full Time (4-5 days per week)
- $150 per child Part Time (1-3 days per week)
- Monthly Rate BT Wilson: $100 per child Full Time (4-5 days per week) & $75 per child Part Time (1-3 days per week)
CCDS provider for governmental funding assistance for qualifying families. Please call CCDS at (830) 257-3171 for more information.
PLEASE VISIT OUR OFFICE AT 1609 SIDNEY BAKER ST. (behind HPMS Gyms) TO REGISTER FOR AFTER SCHOOL CARE!