Become a Coach
"A good coach will make his players see what they can be
rather than what they are."
- Ara Parasheghian (University of Notre Dame Football coach)
As a YMCA Coach, adults have the privilege of introducing a group of young people to our sports programs. YMCA coaches can pass on their knowledge of a sport while teaching the basics, fundamentals and rules of the game. Our coaches help players learn sportsmanship, teamwork and fair play while abiding by our "Child First and the Sport Second" philosophy. As a coach for the YMCA, you will realize that this position is unique because you give back to the players but the experience also gives back to you!
If you are interested in volunteering as a Kerr County YMCA Coach, please complete the following steps:
- Submit a Kerr County YMCA Coaches Packet to Greg Peschel, Sports Director
- Complete the YMCA online certification trainings (Modules #1 & #5 required)
- Attend Coaches Meeting/Clinic
- Attend the team draft and receive team rosters
Please note the Kerr County YMCA Sports Policies!
The 2016 Sports Calendar will soon be available for information regarding dates, registration, assessments and games.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Greg Peschel, Sports Director
(830) 896-8000 or sports@kerrYMCA.org